We would like to thank all those who support The Open Door, including all our volunteers, members, sponsors and those who donate financially and with their time.
Funding comes from three main sources:
- 48% – City of Edinburgh Council and NHS Lothian.
- 34% – Self generated income (coffee shop, memberships, room rentals, and fundraising).
- 18% – Trusts, grants and donations including sponsors.
We have successfully received grant funding from lots of different trusts and companies. Grants can either be restricted to help with a specific service or item, or, unrestricted where the fund can be applied to whichever area is in most need at a certain time.
Some of our current kind funders are:
- The Castansa Trust
- The Big Lottery
- AGE Scotland
- Rank Foundation
- The Screwfix Foundation
- Edinburgh City Council
- NHS Lothian
- Row Fogo Charitable Trust
Sponsors and Donations
A number of local businesses sponsor us in a variety of ways. This can be through staff volunteering, fundraising schemes, providing us with items or services to raffle or auction off and monetary donations.
If your business could offer us help in any of these ways, please do get in touch.
We would like to thank the following for recent sponsorship and/or donations:
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- S. Luca
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Castle Terrace Restaurant
- Health By Science
- Pike and Bambridge
- Written In Film
- Young Philanthropy Initiative (Boroughmuir High School)
Ways to help The Open Door financially
There are a number of ways you can help The Open Door financially;
- DONATE Click the blue button at the top of this page. You can give us a one-off donation or set up a regular amount. If you are a UK taxpayer you can choose to opt in to give your donation with gift aid.
- USE our Coffee Shop.
- HIRE one of our Rooms or our Display Window.
- JOIN by becoming a Member of The Open Door and paying an annual subscription fee.
- VOLUNTEER in the coffee shop or with one of our day-care groups.
- LEGACY Consider leaving us a donation in your will.
All money raised and donated goes towards helping us keep our door open.
Download a copy of our Annual-report-and-accounts-2016-7.